Sunday, July 26, 2009

The Beloved Kak Yasmin

Yasmin Ahmad (1958 - 2009)


Dear Kak Yasmin,

I remembered when you invited me to watch the premiere of Talentime, I couldnt come at that time as I was accompanying my friend to the clinic. I was saddened since I was expecting a second meeting with you. But now, a second meeting is only in my dream. Kak Yasmin, you have inspired me and a lot of others, through yor body of works, that surpasses the ideology of race and personal differences. You shattered the glass of narrow perspective that has always been depicted in a lot of our movies and ads, and you make it near to our heart. Despite all the jealousy and hatred that you received, you survive, and inspiring more and more people. Your movies, and your ads, will always teach us on how to seek a better self of us. Amin.


Kak Yasmin, we will miss you.